Ease Release® 2831
EASE RELEASE 2831 is a wax-based non-silicone release agent. It has proven to be effective when used to release polyurethane foams elastomers. This wax dispersion is designed to operate at mold temperatures ranging from 160°F to 200°F with minimal wax build-up. EASE RELEASE 2831 works with aluminum, steel, and elastomeric mold construction.
|Solids||6 – 7%|
- Excellent release
- Contains no chlorinated or CFC solvents
- Low wax build-up
Ease Release 2831 provides
- Excellent release
- Excellent surface finish
- No build-up on mold surfaces
- Reduced mold maintenance and down time
- Greater productivity
At temperatures above 500°F, fumes are evolved which, if inhaled, can cause flu like systems. Use with adequate ventilation.
- Clean molds with Mold Cleaner 2508, for a clean mold surface prior to preparing the molding surface.
- Heat the mold to operating temperature.
- Apply a coat of EASE RELEASE 2831 with a spray or brush and allow too dry.
- Rub EASE RELEASE 2831 into mold surface with a clean cloth.
- Repeat two or three times to seal the mold surface.
- Start molding and reapply a light coat of EASE RELEASE 2831 after each molding cycle.
Thorough cleaning of molded parts with Isopropyl Alcohol may be required prior to staining, painting, or bonding. For suggested cleaning procedures, consult your Mann technical representative.
|Solvent Carrier||Drying Rate||Flammable||Wetting Quality|
|Ease Release 2831||6.0#||Petroleum Hydrocarbons||Medium||Yes||Excellent|
Technical Service specialist are available to assist you with your mold release requirements. They can recommend specific formulations, cleaning procedures, and equipment to meet the particular needs of individual customers. For additional information, safety recommendations, or technical assistance contact us at 800-762-0744.
Ease Release 2831, along with the entire line of release agents and mold cleaners, are available through our network of quality distributors located throughout the world.
Ease Release 2831 is packaged in 1-gallon and 5-gallon containers as well as 55-gallon drums.
- Use Adequate protection when handling any release solvent system.
- Skin contact may cause dryness.
- Wear safety glasses or their equivalent to prevent eye injury.
- Avoid inhalation of excessive amount of solvent vapor.
Always consult Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information