Ease Release® 6577
Ease Release 6577 is a superior release agent for casting complex designs using polyurethane elastomers. The ER 6577 is a heavy-duty silicone based polymer in a solvent carrier that gives a high gloss surface finish on molded parts. This product also releases compression molded Thiokol rubbers, EPDM and other synthetic elastomers. Ease Release 6577 works on aluminum, chrome, epoxy, and polyurethane molds.
Ease Release 6577 is easy to apply, fast drying and effective over a broad temperature range from 70°F to 500°F.
Ease Release 6577 provides excellent release and surface finish, precise duplication of mold details and dimension, and less rejects for faster production.
- Thoroughly clean your mold with Mold Cleaner 2508 or any suitable cleaner to remove all traces of previous coating and oils.
- Apply Ease Release 6577 using aerosol spray or brush, or spray equipment for bulk grades. Hold the can or spray gun 6 to 8 inches from the mold surface to ensure a light even coating. For brushing, brush on a light coating and allow the solvents to dry, then brush the surface again to be sure the coat is even. For spraying with air, spray a light coat with low pressure (10 to 15 psi). Use an overlapping method to get full coverage. When the molds are new or have been blasted with an abrasive, “season” the mold by applying a heavy coating of release. Heat the mold to process temperature, then wipe the excess with a rag and reapply a light coating of Ease Release 6577 before regular molding.
- Ease Release 6577 is fast drying and requires no baking during the normal molding process.
- Reapply a light coating before each molding.
Parts molded with Ease Release 6577 must be sanded or machined to remove the shiny surface before painting or bonding.
|Solvent Carrier||Drying Rate||Flammable||Wetting Quality|
|Ease Release 6577 (aerosol)||*||Dichloromonofluoroethane |
|Ease Release 6577-5||6.0#||Petroleum Hydrocarbons||Fast||Yes||Excellent|
|Ease Release 6577-7||6.4#||Petroleum Hydrocarbons||Slow||Combust.||Good|
Technical Service specialists are available to assist you with your mold release requirements. They can recommend specific formulations, cleaning procedures, and equipment to meet the particular needs of individual customers. For technical assistance contact us at 800-762-0744.
Ease Release 6577, along with the entire line of release agents and mold cleaners, are available through our network of quality distributors located throughout the world.
Ease Release 6577 is packaged in 14 0z. aerosol cans as well as 1 and 5 gallon containers and 55 gallon drums. For bulk formulations, please refer to the various bulk Ease Release 6577 families of releases shown in the above table.
- Use Adequate protection when handling any release solvent system.
- Skin contact may cause dryness.
- Wear safety glasses or their equivalent to prevent eye injury.
- Avoid inhalation of excessive amount of solvent vapor.
Always consult Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information