Ease Release® 200
Ease Release 200 is an excellent general purpose release agent for making molds and casting parts. This product will release polyurethane elastomers, polyurethane foam, epoxy resin, polyester resins, platinum silicones, rubber and thermoplastic polymers. Ease release 200 is effective on aluminum, chrome, platinum silicone, epoxy, rubber and steel molds.
Ease Release 200 is easy to apply, fast drying and effective over a broad temperature range from 70°F to 500°F.
Ease Release 200 provides excellent release, precise duplication of mold details, and less rejects for faster production.
- Thoroughly clean your mold with Mold Cleaner 2508 or any suitable cleaner to remove all traces of previous coating and oils.
- Apply Ease Release 200 using aerosol spray for bulk grades. Hold the can or spray gun 6 to 8 inches from the mold surface to ensure a light even coating. When the molds are new or have been blasted with an abrasive, “season” the mold by applying a heavy coating of release. Heat the mold to process temperature, then wipe the excess with a rag and reapply a light coating of Ease Release 200 before regular molding.
- Ease Release 200 is fast drying and requires no baking during the normal molding process.
- Reapply a light coating before each molding.
Thorough cleaning of molded parts is required prior to staining, painting or bonding. For suggested cleaning procedures, consult your Mann technical representative.
|Solvent Carrier||Drying Rate||Flammable||Wetting Quality|
|Ease Release 200 (aerosol)||*||Dichloromonofluoroethane |
|Ease Release 205||6.0#||Petroleum Hydrocarbons||Fast||Yes||Excellent|
|Ease Release 206||5.7#||Hexane||Fast||Yes||Excellent|
|Ease Release 207||6.4#||Petroleum Hydrocarbons||Very Slow||Combust.||Good|
Technical Service specialists are available to assist you with your mold release requirements. They can recommend specific formulations, cleaning procedures, and equipment to meet the particular needs of individual customers. For technical assistance contact us at 800-762-0744.
Ease Release 200, along with the entire line of release agents and mold cleaners, are available through our network of quality distributors located throughout the world.
Ease Release 200 is packaged in 14 0Z. aerosol cans as well as 1 and 5 gallon containers and 55 gallon drums. For bulk formulations, please refer to the various bulk Ease Release 200 families of releases shown in the above table.
- Use adequate protection when handling any release solvent system.
- Skin contact may cause dryness.
- Wear safety glasses or their equivalent to prevent eye injury.
- Avoid inhalation of excessive amount of solvent vapor.
Always consult Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information