Ease Release® 300
Ease Release 300 is a high performance, production proven release agent formulated for polyurethane elastomers and epoxy resins along with excellent release of polyurethane elastomers and microcellular foams. Ease Release 300 leaves very little build-up on the molds resulting from isocyanate or epoxy reactions, while maintaining part cleanability with common degreasing solvents. Cleaned parts molded with Ease release 300 can be painted or bonded. Ease Release 300 is effective on all mold surfaces such as steel, aluminum, chrome, epoxy, and RTV urethane and silicone mold materials.
Ease Release 300 is easy to apply, fast drying and effective over a broad temperature range from 70°F to 500°F.
Ease Release 300 provides excellent release with a glossy finish. Precise duplication of mold details, less mold maintenance and down time which results in greater productivity.
- Thoroughly clean your mold with Mold Cleaner 2508 or any suitable cleaner to remove all traces of previous coating and oils.
- Apply Ease Release 300 using aerosol spray for bulk grades. Hold the can or spray gun 6 to 8 inches from the& mold surface to ensure a light even coating. When the& molds are new or have been blasted with an abrasive “season” the mold by applying a heavy coating of release. Heat the mold to process temperature, then wipe the excess with a rag and reapply a light coating of Ease Release 300 before regular molding.
- Ease Release 300 is fast drying and requires no baking during the normal molding process.
- Reapply a light coating before each molding.
Thorough cleaning of molded parts is required prior to staining, painting or bonding. For suggested cleaning procedures, consult your Mann technical representative.
|Solvent Carrier||Drying Rate||Flammable||Wetting Quality|
|Ease Release 300 (aerosol)||*||Dichloromonofluoroethane |
|Ease Release 305||6.0#||Petroleum Hydrocarbons||Fast||Yes||Excellent|
|Ease Release 306||5.7#||Hexane||Fast||Yes||Excellent|
|Ease Release 307||6.4#||Petroleum Hydrocarbons||Very Slow||Combust.||Good|
Technical Service specialists are available to assist you with your mold release requirements. They can recommend specific formulations, cleaning procedures, and equipment to meet the particular needs of individual customers. For technical assistance contact us at 800-762-0744.
Ease Release 300, along with the entire line of release agents and mold cleaners, are available through our network of quality distributors located throughout the world.
Ease Release 300 is packaged in 14 0Z. aerosol cans as well as 1 and 5 gallon containers and 55 gallon drums. For bulk formulations, please refer to the various bulk Ease Release 300 families of releases shown in the above table.
- Use Adequate protection when handling any release solvent system.
- Skin contact may cause dryness.
- Wear safety glasses or their equivalent to prevent eye injury.
- Avoid inhalation of excessive amount of solvent vapor.
Always consult Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information