Ease Release® 800
Ease Release 800 provides excellent release for making RTV silicone molds. Ease release 800 is designed for making silicone rubber molds and adds lubricity when making complex molds from patterns and models. Ease Release 800 is effective on all plastic, metal, and silicone surfaces. Ease Release 800 contains no chlorinated solvents that can damage plastic surfaces.
Ease Release 800 is easy to apply, fast drying and effective over a broad temperature range from 70°F to 500°F.
Ease Release 800 provides excellent release and surface finish, precise duplication of mold details, and less rejects for faster production.
- Thoroughly clean your mold with Mold Cleaner 2508 or any suitable cleaner to remove all traces of previous coating and oils.
- Apply Ease Release 800 using aerosol spray for bulk grades. Hold the can or spray gun 6 to 8 inches from the mold surface to ensure a light even coating. When the molds are new or have been blasted with an abrasive, “season” the mold by applying a heavy coating of release. Heat the mold to process temperature, then wipe the excess with a rag and reapply a light coating of Ease Release 800 before regular molding.
- Ease Release 800 is fast drying and requires no baking during the normal molding process.
- Reapply a light coating before each molding.
Thorough cleaning of molded parts is required prior to staining, painting or bonding. For suggested cleaning procedures, consult your Mann technical representative.
|Ease Release||Solvent Carrier||Drying Rate||Flammable||Wetting Quality|
|Ease Release 800 (aerosol)||Dichloromonofluoroethane |
Technical Service specialists are available to assist you with your mold release requirements. They can recommend specific formulations, cleaning procedures, and equipment to meet the particular needs of individual customers. For technical assistance contact us at 800-762-0744.
Ease Release 800, along with the entire line of release agents and mold cleaners, are available through our network of quality distributors located throughout the world.
Ease Release 800 is packaged in 12 0z. aerosol cans as well as 1 and 5 gallon containers and 55 gallon drums. For bulk formulations, please refer to the various bulk Ease Release 800 families of releases shown in the above table.
- Use Adequate protection when handling any release solvent system.
- Skin contact may cause dryness.
- Wear safety glasses or their equivalent to prevent eye injury.
- Avoid inhalation of excessive amount of solvent vapor.
Always consult Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information