Mold Cleaner 2508
Mold Cleaner 2508 is a unique blend of active solvents formulated to remove build-up associated with molding thermoset resins such as polyurethanes, epoxies, polyester and vinyl esters. This cleaner will clean mold release and resin residue from steel and aluminum surfaces. Mold Cleaner 2508 does not contain chlorinated or fluorocarbon solvents.
Field tests have shown that 2508 exhibits excellent results when compared to methylene chloride or other blends of chlorinated solvents. Mold Cleaner 2508 uses ingredients which are both low in toxicity and environmental hazards and with low odor. For large vertical surfaces, use Mold Cleaner 2734 Gel, a specially formulated mold cleaner designed to cling to all surfaces.
- Do not use on molds heated above 150°F without proper eye and respiratory safety equipment.
- Brush on the mold surface liberally and allow time to penetrate.
- Allow to remain until the build-up is softened, or dissolved.
- Wipe with a clean rag and apply a second coat and wipe after 3 minutes.
- On molds other than steel or aluminum, test for compatibility on a small section on test panel before using.
Thorough cleaning of molded parts is required prior to staining, painting or bonding. For suggested cleaning procedures, consult your Mann technical representative.
|Mold Types||Aluminum & Steel|
Technical Service specialists are available to assist you with your mold release requirements. They can recommend specific formulations, cleaning procedures, and equipment to meet the particular needs of individual customers.
For technical assistance contact us at 800-762-0744.
Mold Cleaner 2508, along with the entire line of release agents and mold cleaners, are available through our network of quality distributors located throughout the world.
Mold Cleaners are packaged in 1 and 5 gallon containers as well as 55 gallon drums.
- Use adequate protection when handling any release solvent system.
- Skin contact may cause dryness.
- Wear safety glasses or their equivalent to prevent eye injury.
- Avoid inhalation of excessive amount of solvent vapor.
Always consult Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information