Permalease 2045 RTV Silicone Release Coating
Permalease 2045 RTV Release Coating is a room temperature cured semi- permanent release coating designed to release polyurethane resins from rubber and metal surfaces. Permalease 2045 can be applied with spray or brush. Full cure in 24-hour cure time. Permalease 2045 coating will provide an anti-stick coating without the need for additional release agent.
|% Non Volatile||6 – 8%|
|Application||Spray or Brush|
Mix well before using and only take out enough coating for the job. Do not pour material back in the can. Close the container immediately after removing the material. Spray Nitrogen under the cap before sealing the container.
- Clean the surface to be coated to bare metal. Apply a light coat of Permalease 2035 primer and let dry for 30 minutes.
- Spray a light even coat of Permalease 2045 on mold surface being careful not to puddle or drip from the surface. If a heavy coat is applied to vertical surface, it will cause runs and uneven texture. If a second coat is desired, apply the next coat 30 minutes after the first.
- Allow to air cure for 24 hours after the final coat.
- Heat mold to minimum 275-300°F and cure for 30 minutes.
- Mold may be recoated at any time using procedure in steps 3-5.
- Begin molding.
- Clean surface with clean mineral spirits followed by Isopropyl Alcohol or Acetone.
- Brush or spray a light coating of Permalease 2045 making sure not to over spray or puddle the surface.
- Allow the surface to cure for 24-hours before using. If faster cure is required, cure for 3 hours in an oven at 150°F (65°C).
Permalease 2045 is available in limited quantities. Other release agents and coatings are available through our network of quality distributors located throughout the world.
Technical Service specialists are available to assist you with your mold release requirements. They can recommend specific formulations, cleaning procedures, and equipment to meet the particular needs of individual customers. For technical assistance contact us at 800-762-0744 or outside the USA you can call 610-253-5800 or fax 610-252-6200.
Storage & Handling
Permalease 2045 has a clear appearance. If it appears cloudy, milky or precipitate is noticed, material has been contaminated.
Application and use of Permalease 2045 should be carried out in well-ventilated areas only. As with any flammable product, Permalease 2045 must be kept away from any open flames or sources of heat and ignition.
Containers should be kept closed at all times when not in use and stored in a cool, dry and well ventilated area away from any heat source.
Most products are available in 1-gallon tight-head containers.
- Use neoprene coated gloves when handling mold cleaners.
- Skin contact may cause dryness.
- Wear safety glasses or their equivalent to prevent eye injury.
- Avoid inhalation of excessive amounts of solvent vapor.
- When using on surfaces above 150°F (65°C) avoid breathing vapors.
- Wear respiratory protection. Always consult Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
Always consult Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information